Power Saving Bonus
We are helping community members apply for the State Government’s $250 Power Saving Bonus, a one-off payment to help eligible Victorians experiencing energy bill stress.
Below are some frequently asked questions. If you or someone you know meets the eligibility requirements, get in contact with us and we can help you access this important bonus.
What is the $250 Power Saving Bonus?
The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a one-off $250 payment which provides direct support to Victorian households experiencing power bill stress during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. It is available to over 900,000 eligible Victorian households with at least one eligible concession cardholder.
Who is eligible for the Power Saving Bonus?
To be eligible, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
– Be a Victorian residential energy consumer (i.e. have a residential electricity account)
– Be receiving payments under one of the following concession programs:
1. Centrelink Pensioner Concession
2. Jobseeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy
3. Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession
4. Or hold a Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card
Holder of Health Care Cards who are not recipients of Youth Allowance, JobSeeker, Austudy or Abstudy are not eligible.
When can eligible households apply?
Eligible households can apply anytime from now until 31 January 2022.
How many people per household can apply?
Only one payment is available per household.
How do I apply?
Applications are made online. If you do not have access to, or are uncomfortable using technology, get in contact with Reynard Street Neighbourhood House and we will help you every step of the way:
Phone – 03 9386 7128
Email – email@example.com
Address – 104a Reynard Street, Coburg
What do I need for the application process?
When you come to us to submit your application, there are a few things you will need to bring with you:
- a copy of a recent electricity bill
- – your ‘NMI’ number (this is located on your energy bill and is typically a 10 or 11 digit number)
- your card number for your Pensioner Concession or Health Care Card